Monday, January 12, 2015

Resolutions--a blessing or a curse?

Hello and Happy Year,

Don't you just love the New Year.  It brings such promise and everyone is aspiring to be their self version of themselves.  That last until....well, sweet little girls are selling cookies.  Diva is a Brownie so I know!   Why do we  repeatedly make resolutions we can not or will not keep?

The classroom is no different.  We vow to change our ways each year and yet fall prey to the old habits.  This year I encourage you to break free of those practices that trip you up and cause frustration and chaos in the classroom.  Linked below is a PDF study guide for the book, The Power of Habit.  The chapters are summarized and activities follow to help you achieve a true shift in your habits.  Growth is a risk but so worth it for the reward of new insight and change.

Make 2015 the year you clean house of those things that hold you back as an educator.  We can ALL find areas of improvement and aspects of our professional life that need growth.  Seek out a book study, podcast or find a mentor to help make this year the best one yet!

Until next month....

The Power of Habit Study Guide


2 comments:

  1. What a great resource! This year in my new position I have found myself searching for a routine, I constantly feel 1,000 steps behind and that my to-do list will soon need a to-do list... but then I realized something after reading through the study guide... perhaps my new position calls for a new routine/set of habits! I must adjust my habits to better fit my new position/environment. Thank you for
    sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First, thanks for reading my blog. ha! Secondly, I agree. I want to get this room and read the whole thing. I loved the points it raised.

      Delete