Thursday, July 31, 2014

Let's Google at the Gaggle of Geese!

There really is something to learning from your mistakes.  Today, was my first training in my new position.     I learned A LOT!  First, it was less stressful than I thought it would be and it was far more fun too.  The participants were great and shared wonderful ideas.  Overall, I think it went well and feel like everyone went home with several ideas of how they could utilize Google Docs in their classrooms.  Most left with several Google projects started and/or completed.  I enjoyed the spring-boarding of ideas.

We also learned how to not do things too.  A participant said it makes me feel better than the presenter has questions too.  I assured her that was definitely the case.  Our learning was made more concrete because we had our frustrations but were so excited when something worked.   We put the trial (and error) in trial and error!  We were all working together and it was a very collaborative day.

I think it is okay to let our students know I had trouble with this too or I do not know how to do____________.  Let your student be the expert on an issue and praise them when they find it out.   Learning new things is often challenging but it makes the reward that much better.  I encourage you to try out one new skill with your few weeks left in summer.  And then, show a peer when school starts.  If we all did that--just think what we could do!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment