Thursday, August 28, 2014

What you allow....

I love the quote "what you allow is what will continue" and it certainly holds true in the classroom.  As a new teacher, I allowed things to slide because I was overwhelmed or did not have a better solution.  However, as I matured in the profession and learned more efficient ways to manage I could better tackle those annoyances.

 This week I have been observing my brand new teachers.  And to be honest, they are farther along the road that I in the beginning.  The witnessing of simple things liking learning names, redirection, trouble shooting, and engagement have all served them well.  This is thrilling to see this!  Students engaged saying "This class is fun" not because it was chaos; but because they were enjoying the learning, it is a blessing and a key factor in both student and teacher success.

There is a certain pride in seeing the teachers you mentor doing well.   There will be struggles and I will offer assistance and guidance.  Some with listen, others may not always but I am excited about the journey together.  I love teaching and know the magic that comes from seeing students "get it."  To play a part in the molding of a new teacher is an honor that I intend to take seriously.  I can not wait to celebrate their achievements together and watch their growth.  This school year is off to an amazing start!  I am eager to see what is in store for 2014-2015.

Until next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment